[X] CLOSEMAIN MENU

[X] CLOSEIN THIS SECTION

Careers

Accept­ing appli­ca­tions for:


SENIOR PORT­FO­LIO MANAGER

Com­pany Summary

Zevin Asset Man­age­ment (ZAM) is a Boston-​based employee owned firm spe­cial­iz­ing in Socially Respon­si­ble Invest­ing. Our invest­ment approach is based on the unfash­ion­able idea that avoid­ing losses in the short term is the best way to ensure good returns in the longer term.

Roughly 80% of our clients are indi­vid­u­als, fam­ily foun­da­tions, trusts and retire­ment accounts. The other 20% are insti­tu­tions. Most of our clients are attracted both by our long his­tory of active engage­ment in the socially respon­si­ble invest­ment move­ment and by our invest­ment phi­los­o­phy and long-​term results.

Posi­tion Summary

The Senior Port­fo­lio Man­ager will take over exist­ing accounts from a retir­ing senior port­fo­lio man­ager and will also be expected to man­age a por­tion of future new busi­ness. She or he will also have a desire to grow our firm and be proac­tive in estab­lish­ing new client rela­tion­ships through refer­rals and new busi­ness con­tacts. The Senior Port­fo­lio Man­ager will par­tic­i­pate actively in every aspect of the process that deter­mines our invest­ment port­fo­lios. The most impor­tant con­tri­bu­tion that any port­fo­lio man­ager can make to our growth will always result from deliv­er­ing totally sat­is­fac­tory results and com­mu­ni­ca­tions to each exist­ing client.

Job Descrip­tion

The PM will build and man­age port­fo­lios of indi­vid­ual secu­ri­ties for a large num­ber of client accounts with vary­ing risk pro­files and social con­cerns. He or she will man­age and coor­di­nate the day-​to-​day com­mu­ni­ca­tions with clients, includ­ing respond­ing to requests for infor­ma­tion, help­ing them plan and eval­u­ate finan­cial events such as home, car, or other asset pur­chases, assis­tance with estate plan­ning ques­tions, refer­ral to estate and tax experts as appro­pri­ate, and pro­vid­ing expla­na­tions and detail regard­ing actions taken or con­tem­plated with their port­fo­lios. A fur­ther respon­si­bil­ity will be to develop, doc­u­ment, imple­ment, and reg­u­larly update each client’s invest­ment objec­tives and circumstances.

The PM will reg­u­larly review and update each client’s port­fo­lio. This will include eval­u­at­ing, fol­low­ing, and updat­ing secu­ri­ties clients may bring to the firm that are not actively fol­lowed; research­ing and fol­low­ing secu­ri­ties to deter­mine if they con­tinue to be appro­pri­ate for the client; and research­ing and eval­u­at­ing appro­pri­ate fixed income secu­ri­ties includ­ing munic­i­pal bonds, trea­sury bonds, cor­po­rate debt, agency bonds, or alter­na­tive or green secu­ri­ties that might bet­ter match the clients profile.

PM’s pre­pare pur­chase and sell orders for our traders to exe­cute. They also send quar­terly let­ters and per­for­mance updates to their clients. They pre­pare for and par­tic­i­pate in meet­ings with clients and prospec­tive clients, con­fer­ences, and insti­tu­tional presentations.

The PM’s are expected to actively par­tic­i­pate in Invest­ment Com­mit­tee meet­ings as well as men­tor and assist less expe­ri­enced mem­bers of the Invest­ment Committee.

Skills and Experience

The posi­tion calls for a mature, ana­lyt­i­cal, and trust­wor­thy indi­vid­ual with strong finance, port­fo­lio man­age­ment and com­mu­ni­ca­tion skills. If you have the fol­low­ing, we’d like to hear from you:

  • Knowl­edge of, and inter­est in, invest­ments screened with envi­ron­men­tal, social, and gov­er­nance concerns.
  • Com­fort with an invest­ment method­ol­ogy using a top down approach that is strongly focused on avoid­ing large losses rather than max­i­miz­ing poten­tial gains.
  • We will favor com­pe­tent users, and bet­ter still prac­ti­tion­ers, of econo­met­rics and basic quan­ti­ta­tive finance techniques.
  • We would like to see a min­i­mum of 10 years’ expe­ri­ence man­ag­ing indi­vid­ual portfolios.
  • Hold­ing a CFA char­ter as well as grad­u­ate degree will be strongly preferred.

We would like you to have expe­ri­ence pro­vid­ing advice to indi­vid­ual clients about invest­ments as well as related matters.

Com­pen­sa­tion

Zevin Asset Man­age­ment offers a com­pen­sa­tion pro­gram that includes base salary, annual bonus, and equity par­tic­i­pa­tion in the busi­ness. Addi­tion­ally, we pro­vide fully paid health insur­ance, a fully paid defined ben­e­fit retire­ment plan and full com­pen­sa­tion for pub­lic trans­porta­tion com­mut­ing costs.

Con­tact

To apply, please send a resume, cover let­ter, and writ­ing sam­ple to careers@​zevin.​com. No phone calls please.

Zevin Asset Man­age­ment, LLC is com­mit­ted to pro­vid­ing equal employ­ment oppor­tu­ni­ties to all per­sons regard­less of race, color, class, age, reli­gion, dis­abil­ity that can be accom­mo­dated, mar­i­tal sta­tus, ances­try, nation­al­ity, fam­ily sta­tus or sex­ual orientation.